Sunday, July 29, 2007

It's the weekend - and I'm blogging.

Thanks to dogsitting, I've got the internet this weekend! My girls are doing fantastic, minus one accident inside the house. They're little bichon frises, one of them is actually diabetic and requires insulin shots which freaked the hell out of me the first couple days. I sit there flicking the needle paranoid about air bubbles because she's her mom's baby and one little bubble that I didn't see would be the end of it.

But so far so good!

On Friday I left work early, came to Tosa and ended up crashing for awhile. This cold is still running me down. Getting a second wind, I walked the girls and desperately looked for something to eat. Finding nothing, I decided to call AD to see what he was up to. When he didn't call back I headed to the mall to get something special with that dogsitting cash.

In the middle of shopping, AD called back and we agreed to meet at Classic Slice - or what I would like to call "Pizza as big as your head" - actually, if I recall correctly they say that as well. Afterwards, knowing I had 6 more hours till the dogs needed to go out, I headed over to TW's to watch the end of the game. NG was there as well so my want for some action had to subside momentarily. When we were all on the porch smoking, TW made a comment about his company picnic next week and how he could bring someone, I smartly shot back "Oh - are you going to bring NG?"

He just smiled while NG replied, "Why would he bring me when he has a girlfriend?" Gulp. TW replied, "Of course I want to bring you." At the end of the night I headed back to Tosa and he asked me to stop at his local pub tomorrow to say hi. I figured, what could it hurt?

In the morning I woke up for my normal lunch with #1 and our other friend. While getting lectured on whether or not TW is good for me or not, AD called to tell me the stray that we saw yesterday got into his house. Oops. He then joined us for lunch and a round of Bagg-o, and we decided to see Simpson's.

We thought the movie was at 3:00, but it turns out that was the fancy place where you have to order food. Being that we just ate, we opted to play mini-golf until the second showing. After that we headed home.

I won't give anything really up about Simpson's except that Spider Pig was by far the funniest moment of the entire thing - now Spider Pig makes me roll on the floor every time, so that's still saying a lot.

At 8:00 I headed home to feed the bumpkin, shower and head over by TW's. We arrived at nearly the same time, had some pizza and a friend from work came by as well as NG. Right when I was beginning to leave, my landlord called announcing that she was finally on her way, so I ordered one cocktail more and chatted with the guy next to me.

It was really at this point where I caught myself between a rock and a hard place. I was just talking with the guy, but TW was in the back playing poker, so when he brought up if I was with someone, I wasn't sure the answer. Sure, lately I've been called his girlfriend on more than one occasion - but never by him - and this is his poker buddy, so if TW wanted him to know he'd say something right? So I side stepped the conversation. TW did the rest of the work when he came over and kissed me in front of him. The guy promptly got up and sat by someone else, I overhead, "Yeah - but she's TW's girlfriend."

Yikes. It's such a weird place, that title area. But, for the first time, I honestly really wouldn't mind being his girlfriend and I've jeered away from that title for quite some time. So who knows?

All I know is this past week my old TW is back, the one that makes me happy and doesn't make me wonder.

Today we're headed to the family luau - an odd place to be because this will be one of the first times I'm with out one of my friends during the interactions (gulp). Wish me luck!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dog sitting is a great job. Getting paid to hang out with dogs.

MD said...

Agreed. Dogs and pizza the size of your head? Awesome.

I wasn't very impressed with the Simpsons. To be honest, I haven't liked the simpsons since 2000, so that was no surprise.

Anonymous said...

Mmm, pizza as big as your head sounds good. Where is that located, I don't recall seeing it around?

wearingthepants said...

Next time I'm in Wisconsin, I need to check out this gigantic pizza.

Milwaukee Girl said...

It's Classic Slice off of KK, by Snap on Fitness and Frank's Power Plant. It's okay - nothing compared to Olive Pit to tell you the truth though! Talk about gigantic and cheap!

Anonymous said...

I don't know where snap on fitness or Franks power plant are either. This must be north of St Francis, right? Somewhere in Bayview?

Milwaukee Girl said...

Yup - it's North over in the downtown area of Bay View. Snap On is that great new 24 hour gym with no contract! Wish I didn't sign up for Bally's ...

Anonymous said...

ORly? A 24 hour gym with no contract? Do tell, how much a month? And what kind of equipment do they have?

I like Ballys well enough, but to be quite honest, their weekend hours suck and they never plow out their parking lot in winter. But I do love their equipment and gym layout.

Anonymous said...

Brickyard Gym is a block north of Snap On. Its $30 a month, no contract and the atmosphere is way better than every gym I've been a member of. Its about working out and nothing else. I went there for three years and thats the worst part of leaving Bay View for me.

Anonymous said...

Your landlord is lame.