Thursday, July 19, 2007

And Fore!

Yesterday I spent 6:45am-10:00pm working. 1/2 of it a golf outing in Madison. The ridiculous part? I haven't been out that way since my last indiscretion with RS, the one that put the kabosh on the first go round with TW. Only seemingly fit to end the second go round with the same trip - just a little less sexually satisfying. Then again, TW hasn't really been sexually satisfying anyhow.

Today's been nothing but a series of running around. I'm dogsitting and picked up my latest pet at 9am, went to work at 10:30, had a meeting at noon, went home at 3:00 to let the pup out, have a meeting at 5:15 and then I'm supposed to go out with my little. Supposed to being the operative word.

I texted my little (her preferred means of communication) at noon saying that I had a meeting at 5:15, so I'd be there around 6:30. She first responded with "Dat Cool" and then followed it up with "Can my friend go with?"

Ah, the exact thing my training warned me against. The correct answer is no, but my spine-lacking said "Sure, have her there by 6:30" to which she responded "That's a problem she lives further away."

Edit. Okay, so not only do you want me to chauffeur and potentially pick up the tab for you and your friend, but you also want me to go get her?

"So what you're actually saying is you need me to pick her up and drop her off"

Her response "Ok"

Alright, see that didn't even make sense. I responded that if she had other plans we could reschedule to Monday. She responded, "I was looking forward to it, but fine, Monday is okay."

I hate chicks.

See, I've wrote that response and it means one of two things - I had plans, so Mondays great but I still want you to feel bad. Or - Screw you for switching things on me. With text, it's hard to tell.

I responded "No,I'm set for today the friend thing threw me off so I didn't know if you just had other plans you forgot about."

Now I wait to see what the final answer is.

The truth is - I hope it is Monday. I wasn't planning on spending all night with her and I really wasn't budgeting for two people.

I need to grow a spine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, how did you do at the golf outing? Where were you taking your little sister?