Tuesday, July 10, 2007

How NOT to pick up a girl

I went for a run about 8:00pm since I STILL couldn't sleep and by now I was a mess. I needed to clear my head and get some exercise so I started on Fernwood and headed towards 794.

The thing I love about where I live is that there were plenty of neighbors out on their porches enjoying their evenings that will wave as you run by. I also love that it's diverse.

I rounded the corner where a couple kids were playing kick ball and headed back towards KK when one of the porch people came towards the end of the walk. I'm not graceful and at the same moment I ignored the slight elevation in the sidewalk and, clunk, fell right to the girl.

A momentary swear word and I was getting back on my feet when I looked up to a pair of black boots, black shorts and a black t-shirt that said "The only job I need is a blow job."

"Need Ice?"

"Nope."

"Well, you're kind of cute - want to meet out when you're done?"

"Nope."

"Why not."

"Not drinking, learned my lesson last night."

"Well how about your number."

"Nope."

"Why not? It'll be fun."

"Umm. I'm seeing someone?"

"Seriously, I'll buy."

"Seriously, get a new t-shirt."

And off I went to the likes of Cold blaring on my MP3 player. I ran as fast as I could away from that t-shirt.

I've been kind of bitchy lately - but seriously, he looked in his 30s, should he really own that??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a funny story. I flipped head over heals once at the end of a long run, you just get lazy after a while and stop lifting your legs. That's why I prefer to run on outdoor paths or a treadmill.