Monday, July 16, 2007

Comparisons.

I can't help but think way too much - that's what I do. I've been trying to do everything right with TW, but I can't help but pull comparisons now that I've had so much interaction with AD.

Don't get me wrong - AD is not even on the list of people I want to be with - he doesn't want a relationship. But he has made me realize certain things that lack with TW.

Seriously, I know that Hollywood has objectified love and that some things are just never going to happen - but there are things that I think aren't there with TW.

Like phone calls. He's doing the same jacked up sh*t that he did the first go round - we had a great night on Thursday and now there's no calls.

Like walking me out. Okay, so you've been working a lot - but you've slept 10 hours and I just told you I'm leaving. Do you really need to say "Okay" and not even move?

Like cuddling. Like hand holding. Like just making me feel like I'm lucky. Well, he does in sense. When he sees me, we kiss. But during movies or after sex, there's not the hand holding, the laying next to each other, nothing.

Like talking about what's working. RS spoiled me, I'm used to having an after-sex recap - that worked for me, that didn't, are you comfortable? What about this? Can we try that? Nothing. In fact, anytime I say anything it seems to destroy the momentum.

Like a date. Why are we always hanging out at a bar or just relaxing at your place. Why can't we go out and see a movie or go out to dinner? We work opposite schedules, but I'll wait.

Like saying something nice. He does that sometimes, for instance last Monday I made a comment about his friends girlfriend being hot and he did say, "Like your not?" but I want to hear him say, "You look amazing" or tell me that I'm a good kisser or something - I tell you.

And then there's the things that AD does that he doesn't that makes me wonder. Like when I puked - following me out. Asking if I'm okay, driving me home. Like going to the movies with me and grabbing my hand and letting me lay my head on his shoulder. Like talking to me, joking with me, etc.

Not that TW isn't a good guy - he is. But now I start to wonder, and I'm trying really hard to stay off the multi path. But it's getting harder and harder with how often TW seems to push me away.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And then there's the things that AD does that he doesn't that makes me wonder. Like when I puked - following me out. Asking if I'm okay, driving me home."

That's just the type of things that friends do for each other. That's probably where the heart of your relationship problems lie, your not having sweet sexual relations with people that you are actually friends with.

Anonymous said...

Anyways, it's not a matter of dating multiple people if you just get smart and dump the train wreck. Why do you hang on to dead end relationships for so long? While you waste time trying to rekindle relationships that never had a fire to beging with, you could be busy finding someone who might actually be compatible with you.

Anonymous said...

I disagree. You don't need to be friends first in order to expect to be treated well. Maybe you should look for a guy like AD -but that you're actually attracted to. TW sounds way too much like the type of guy that turns into the husband that doesn't pay attention to his wife. No flowers, thank you's, no compliments...none of the little things that make a relationship worthwhile.

Milwaukee Girl said...

This past weekend has made me really reflect on TW. On one hand, my friends are asking me to just grow a spine and talk with him about what I need, on the other, I feel like it's a waste of time. This is who he is and I'm not interested in changing him.

I think everyone on here is right, it's time to pack it up and move on.

Anonymous said...

I agree, it's a waste of time. He doesn't dig you as much as you deserve. However, now that you went and rubbed another guy in his face, his ego will probably demand he try and woo you for another week or two before ignoring you again.

Milwaukee Girl said...

I would like to think so - but he still didn't call on Sunday and I doubt he'll call today ... If that were true, I'd like to think that our late night Saturday would have ended up in at least walking me out Sunday morning.

Although, I guess I didn't fully finish the story - he did call when he was done and join me, AD and my landlords on our porch for some late night boozing and, of course, I went back to his place. We ended up messing around and crashing out (no sex, sigh). At 11:00 I woke up and he didn't move, by noon I told him I was leaving and he just said "okay" and turned his back and continued to sleep.

So much for that theory.

Anonymous said...

Do you still live in that crap heap appartment with the incomplete kitchen and leaky celling? You should move out before the weather turns, you know. Smoking on the porch is cool, but it's a benefit that only counts for so much...

Milwaukee Girl said...

I actually finally fixed up the kitchen myself, so it's fine now for the most part. It's just so much work to move!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but it sounds like your making a lot more money these days; You should start thinking about buying a place of your own. Did they take the cost of the work you did out of your rent?

Milwaukee Girl said...

Nope - purely out of my pocket unfortunately. I've also gotta figure out exactly what I'm doing with my life before I commit to buying a place - I still go back and forth on whether or not I should be a Milwaukee Girl very much longer. That's kind of why this works so nicely, it's homey and it's month-to-month, so at any time - bonvoyage MKE and WI, I'm leaving!

Anonymous said...

Well, that makes sense I guess. Where are you planning on going?

Milwaukee Girl said...

Canada, LOL.

Not sure, but I can't help thinking that I'm missing out on so much when I'm here.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, all my friends from highschool have moved out of Wisconsin. Some days this city seems like a graveyard of memories. Still, you must have somewhere in mind.

Milwaukee Girl said...

I'm actually somewhat serious about Canada in truth ...

I've always wanted to go West Coast, I would love Seattle. I'm a huge rain & coffee fan!

Anonymous said...

Canada!! For God's sakes, why would you go somewhere that's even colder than Wisconsin!

Seattle is awesome, you would like it more than you know. That city reminds me of the east side, except with friendlier people. That city is always buzzing. Plus, the weather is great.

Milwaukee Girl said...

I'm not sure - I've always been infatuated with Canada for some reason and I really don't mind the cold ...

Seattle is definitely in my top 3 choices.

Anonymous said...

Well, I've been to Canada a few times, and it's pretty nice. Toronto is a great city. Vancouver is pretty interesting too. Lots of drugs in that city though.