Monday, September 24, 2007

Now that I have a moment.

You almost need a vacation from a vacation to Vegas. Whew!

THE APARTMENT AKA CRAP HOLE W/O a CEILING
Turns out I had to pay $575.00 to live in the shit hole. I got too tired of fighting. My favorite part is the note that said they'd have it done Monday before I left. Then on Thursday I got one that said it would be done Monday while I was gone, then on Monday I got a call from my male landlord saying Thursday, so I shouldn't come home and make other arrangements. On Thursday night it said Saturday. They even told the building inspector Saturday. On Sunday afternoon she wrote a note saying it would be done on Sunday or Monday (today). So I'm wasting sometime with the puppy I'm sitting so that it's 6:30 when I get there to pack up a couple things, shower (use their damn water!) and get some clothes ready for tomorrow. Then it's off to the boyfriend's.

THE BOYFRIEND
For all those waiting on the Match update. He never responded to Nikki's wink or email - so that's a good sign. And it says he's been inactive for over 3 weeks. I never adressed it, because I lack a spine. While I was on vaca, I got those wonderful text messages saying he missed me - and I really did miss him too. On Thursday night was a big awards banquet for Advertising so I went there planning on leaving at 7:00 to see him since he'd have his son till about 4:00. At 7:30 I texted him that I was leaving, he informed me his ex-wife needed him to take his son until around 8:30. I relecutantly stayed longer, exhausted from the lack of sleep in Vegas and home from Vegas. By 8:30 I hadn't heard from him, so I left on my own. 1/2 way home to the 'View, he called and asked what I was doing, "Driving home." And then he asked me to come over, so I did. It was so great to see him, we made out like the first night we met. I didn't even care that he tasted like onions. Of course NG was around, so we scampered away for a little loving and when we were done we chatted a bit before being told to go to the bar. I got my tired ass up and joined them for a little while, before passing out in his arms at 2am.

Friday was almost the same routine, I needed to get ready for my mom's surprise birthday party and that included going to the restaurant to pick out the menu. It was packed, so we dined at the Irish Pub by work and then tipped back a couple cocktails. I was still exhausted, so when we got back he stayed up and drank as I slept soundly for the first time in a week.

Then Saturday rolled around. No one showed to the party and then I was informed that my sister wasn't coming -she was throwing her own afterwards. That meant my brother wasn't coming either. So much for 33 people - it was more like 15 and most of them family. I was almost in tears, I begged the BF on his VM to get over there at 4:30. He showed up at 7 - I wasn't happy and I had consumed a bit too much alcohol to fulfill my bill. We tried another bar and he was stand offish, so I left.

On Sunday we went to a bar to see the game. I still wasn't in a mood to deal with anything. I had slept like crap at my apartment in the 'View, no longer adjusted to the noises that went on. Then it was off to Franklin to dog sit, then back to the 'View for the game. When he finally arrived about 12:00, he informed me that he'd have to go get his son after the game - so much for that day I thought we could just hang out - and I informed him I wouldn't be bowling. I invited him to a cook out at the house, but he declined. After he left I almost cried.

Relaxing with Rach, G, NG and his girl while cooking steaks and watching the Bears vs teh Cowboys, he finally called at 9:00. He was headed out to Franklin. I just wanted him to come to me for once - and he was. Except for some minor freak outs by a party that was way too intoxicated, it was nice. After everyone left we just sat there in eachother's arms and he asked if I was going to watch Heroes, I said of course. Then he gave up Monday night football officially, just this one night, so we could see it together.

Ugh. I'm falling in love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're falling in love and i'm trying to avoid it.

what sort of alternate universe are we in?