Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Let's start here.

Friday, go home. Call landlord, fridge is broken.

Saturday, stop home, grab mail.

Sunday, go home to put Packers clothes on before heading to BFs. Find: 9 page letter.

9 page letter details my landlord going through my rooms & things and removing property. Me? Irate. Leave note saying that I will be moving out by October 1st.

Monday, take video of illegal entry by landlord. Clean up after rain.

Tuesday, go home to pack and potentially get laid (BF lives down the road). BF doesn't call, it's 2am. I go to bed at the apartment.

Wednesday, 7am in shower. Landlord pounds on door. Insurance adjusters are here to look at ceiling. I inform her that she needs to give me 12 hours notice, she informs me she can enter at will and gives me the tenant law.

7:25am. I'm crying from being stressed out. Call my dad, get lawyer.

8:00am. Talk to lawyer, I have been violated. Call Neighboorhood services, call health department, call cops for illegal removal of materials.

8:25am. Call police department.

9:00am. Cop arrives at office.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did your landlord remove? There's almost nothing that would warrant illegal entry and removal of property. I mean, you'd have to be storing like dead bodies or 100 cats for the landlord to be able to justify what they did. You should really post specifics on this one so the rest of us readers know who NOT to rent from.

Anonymous said...

omg, how awful. what a pain! i hope everything gets sorted out for you soon.

Anonymous said...

Maybe your landlord has a girl crush on you; You should make sure she isn't sniffing your panties while you are away.