Wednesday, September 05, 2007

My favorite part.

My moving out letter includes this little paragraph, my favorite part ...

After consulting with my renters insurance I have found out that according to Wisconsin Landlord/Tenant Law 704.07 in section 4, the apartment currently fits under “untentability,” therefore, if the tenant justifiably moves out under this subsection, the tenant is not liable for rent after the premises is deemed untentable and the landlord must repay any rent paid in advance apportioned to the period after the premise became untentable. I am doing my best to try to facilitate moving out by October 1st since the repairs should be done by September 20 according to our earlier conversation. This way the remaining rent for September that I would owe after the premise becomes tentable would be awash with the rent owed from August.


Let's hope I get that loft!

3 comments:

MD said...

Don't forget to poop in the corner before you leave!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see the saftey deposit again after sending that particular letter. Couldn't you have tried to be a little more politic about it? You catch more flys with honey.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Anon - it's actually very sweet prior to that section, which is directly out of the tenant law. Therefore, they can't legally hold my deposit ...