Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mathematics.

This was fun, here's my calculations for rent payment in September, remember there's an additional $158 some dollars for the groceries that got ruined ...

Being that both you and the roofer that came to inspect the premises after the ceiling fell said that there are raccoons in the attic and mold on the boards, and that the damage is still visible with the tarp in the ceiling, that leaves only two out of the five rooms habitable because they have doors (although, doors don’t keep mold spores out only raccoons).

My total rent is currently $650.00, that means each room is worth $130.00 (this is actually not accurate since the 2 rooms with doors are much smaller areas). Since two rooms are habitable due to doors, that brings the rent owed for September to $260.00.

Since the ceiling fell in August and I had already paid my rent, I can abate the prepaid rent for the week of August 25-August 31. If rent is $650.00, that breaks down to $162.50 per week. This means that each room is worth $32.50 a week. Since I prepaid for five rooms and only two are habitable, the rent I am owed from August is $97.50.

After subtracting these items, my total owed to you is $3.57.


Very. Nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would definately make sure I had all of my stuff out of the appartment before I sent that letter in :)

wearingthepants said...

$3.57. Nice. Too bad the place doesn't sound like it's even worth that much!