Thursday, March 29, 2007

Voted off the Island.

Well, another year of bowling is officially gone. The season went out in a big drunken bang as usual.

The night started with me being one of the first bowlers to arrive. As the team picked up pace, I stated that I would bowl the first game, but if one of the team mates friends showed up, he could bowl the last. This ended in a miscommunication as the roster got written up - I got voted off the island. I was a tad bit pissy, after all this was my 3rd time that I bought shoes and didn't make it on to the roster so I promptly put my pumps back on only to hear the team next to us struggle with scoring. Turns out they were one short - so I joined them in a flurry of shots and 10 pound ball craziness.

LG arrived early in the game, but made no attempt to see me. Since I kissed him, I thought it rather inappropriate for me to go to him. No harm in hanging back. This is when I noticed as well that his little waitress girlfriend was not present - turns out she was on vacation (should I add with her boyfriend?). In the middle of the third game I was trying to count pins after three shots and was deep in mathematical equations when I finally looked up to the person standing above me - it was LG. Seemingly harmless flirting.

In a sea of drunk hugs, high fives and kisses the ceremony ended and the dedicated drinkers stayed - me included. A little too tipsy to go home, PA was talking to LG about helping to move his floral couch .... I offered to help as well, it was the last day of bowling and I was bound and determined to get some. When we arrived at PA's, there was no couch but there was two semi drunk guys playing football (PA & LG). LG joked about PA's girlfriend who is was apparently with again, and we talked about his man-whoreness. It was at that moment that the giggles stopped.

"What happened with us?" PA said, turning the football in his palms.

"Hey - uh, what?" I stumbled.

"Last year at this time, we were a couple."

"No. We weren't. And I wasn't ready. We went out once, give me a break."

After a couple minutes of relenting back to the girlfriend, LG & I left. "That was uncomfortable."

As was our kiss when he dropped me off.

1 comment:

BZ said...

DOH! I think you need to start from scratch. Although, PA sounds like he's still interested.