Sunday, March 18, 2007

Making changes.

I make rash decisions that last only one week and I've been trying to change that. I decide things need to change and I drastically change them for one week and then go back to old habits the next.

But I've come to this conclusion slowly, it's just been this weekend that I've decided to put it into play. On Saturday it was St. Patrick's day, I went out in the morning with our strategic planner and bumped into a girl that is a client. A girl that my boss needed more information from, so I spent 2 hours and $20 on her to get it. I went out on a semi-date, only to have my phone ring at 11:00 so I could explain to a client she could enroll for an appointment on Monday. I woke up this morning to a call from my boss and headed out to a game with co-workers. We talked work.

I finally got home, I put on PJs, walked to the dog I sitting and enjoyed a smoke. Then I got another call from my boss, she wanted me to follow up on a voicemail that she left that I didn't follow up on - one I never got - one that she wanted me to follow up with NOW, on Sunday night at 8:00.

That's when it hit me. Not one day off. Not one. Not one day to not think about work, to not do work, to not let myself have a life. And it needs to stop. And it will stop, because somehow in the last year things have gotten so much better but I've lost myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you were better off without the computer at home. Oh well, at least you can pay the bills, that's what counts.

Anonymous said...

Also, I think I might screen out any work calls on Sunday, unless you want to have a work induced heart attack by age thirty five.