Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Little Something No One Knows

I was watching Smallville tonight because no one felt like a drink. Lana married Lex, even though she wanted Clark. I couldn't help but think about when I was supposed to get married.

Since the day I didn't accept, but the ring was on my finger I hoped that an old love, Marty, would come and stop the wedding. As the date got closer he didn't reappear, I got nervous and would cancel. Over and over again. Five times to be exact. On the fifth time I didn't have to cancel, I had my way out as in his sperm and someone else's egg.

But I couldn't help think about him tonight. You see, he did come around 5 months after the wedding ended and we did see each other. And me 50 1bs lighter actually ended up being seen in more of a light and less of a friendship. But me also 50 lbs lighter thought to myself, "Can you see him with me?" And I decided that you couldn't. The man I had swooned for since 7th grade became a nothing, my ego ended it and I broke his heart like he broke mine when he left when we were Juniors in high school.

To this day I regret it, and that my friends, is why I live my life with no regret.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seem to be dwelling on the past a bit much these days.