Tuesday, October 31, 2006

One of those little times ...

I'm not an in your face political person but I do have to make one small comment in the light of elections.

Let me preface by saying I don't want any comments about what I'm about to type saying I'm anti-Bush or what not. I'm just bringing up something I heard this morning that ticked me off.

Bush was talking about stem cell research and said something to the effect of one life should not be given to save others. If I was stuck in an elevator with Bush this is the thing I would say to him before I got off ...

If no life should be given to save others, why are we in Iraq? Embryonic cells may be innocent potential lives, but what are you doing with innocent, real, lives of our men and women?

And then I would walk out and let him ponder that thought.

No comments: