Monday, October 16, 2006

Recap for conversation's sake.

So quick recap ...

I had a "grown up" conversation with CB on Saturday. I told him I needed to know what was wrong with me that we've been seeing each other for 4 months and haven't done anything but kiss. I laid it out on the line, I'm a grown woman and I need to have sex.

You can only imagine his reaction. "Umm ... did your car break down?" (It was 1am)

My response, "You need to have some confidence. You need to realize you are hot, have a job, own a house, have a car and are sweet - those are the 5 criteria any woman needs."

A little bantering and persuading led to his explanation of why things haven't progressed, bitter relationships and - oh, there's this whole thing that he hasn't actually done THAT yet.

Talk about feeling like a whore ... but he said that he understood and he wanted to see this thing through, and yes, he'd like to have sex.

Relief! I chose the right guy - right?

Then Monday came with and we all gathered at a friend's house to watch the football game, he joined and didn't touch me. I thought we had this conversation about being with each other and I got a peck on the lips.

Then the phone calls came from the people at the party - are you with him? are you not? Why didn't he touch you? You looked cute? What's his deal? And all the excuses in the book couldn't salvage the answer - did I make the right decision? No.

Yes, he could change and get more comfortable but that's not him and that's not me. I'm instantly comfortable with people, I'm a flirt, I'm a cuddler, I'm an extrovert - he's an introvert and this time the ying and the yang don't compliment.

The true fact is that it's the little things that matter and the cold facts are the little things don't to him.

2 comments:

DarthImmortal said...

I hate to burst your bubble but these little differences in personality will magnify by 100-times as the relationship matures. So if you are not compatible right now when you are first “coupling” and supposed to be in the enthralls of falling in love; then it will never happen. My suggestion is to keep this guy as a friend and keep looking for a “your” guy. The present might seem alright (when it should seem fabulous) but the future will never give you what you need.

Milwaukee Girl said...

No bubble burst - and prepare yourself for this my dear Darth - because you're right!