Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hump Day

Wednesday is Hump Day because you're at the top of the week and it all comes sliding down.

Speaking of sliding down, my checking account is slowly deteriorating before my eyes as I woke up at 3am with the right side of my head throbbing. Turns out that muffled sound in my head wasn't just a cold, it was a double ear infection. Now I know why kids pull at their ears when they have them. They hurt.

It all started this morning, here I don't have to be in until 11:30 and I woke in tears. I desperately tried to hot compress my right ear until the doctor's office opened at 8am, drifting in and out of sleep through the pain. I had an oil change at 10:00 and a tire rotation to prep my car for my dad taking it home to Nebraska. At 9 I stopped at the store to pick up new windshield wiper blades, an air freshner and a new scraper (since windows are already frosting here), paid the bill and called my sister to let her know that she couldn't cash the check I gave her because I now needed my last $25.00 to pay a co-pay with the doctor. She said that it was fine and I headed to the dealership for my car work.

I go to sign in and my normal guy is busy so I get the new service manager. She recommends an engine flush, but I turn it down telling her that my dad can pay for it after this weekend when he puts the next 3,000 miles on my car. I went into the waiting room, worked a bit and she came out to tell me that my brakes were shot. It would be $500 but she talked with my guy and he said to mark them down to $250. I told her it was absolutely not in my budget, she told me that my car absolutely could not go 3,000 miles on those brakes.

I sighed. I only had $25 in my account and, while getting paid Friday, I didn't (a) have the time to wait and (b) have the funds even then when I got paid due to the new nuiscance of a double rent payment. I called my dad, told him that I expected to pay for the tire rotation, but not the brakes - was I even getting a good deal? He said yes, and he'd pay for them since I set everything up for him. I still had my appointment at 11:30, left and came back at 3:15. My car was finally done about 5:30, I filled my prescription and called it a day.

Hopefully my ears will start to feel better tomorrow.

I finished cleaning out the car for dad. Gave him my regular cell phone for calls in Nebraska. Filled the cup holder with silver coins for tolls. I informed him of the lights, the windshield controls and opened the center counsel - just in case he needs them, there's condoms and asprin. He looked wide eyed and chuckled.

In other hopeful hump news, CB has asked me out with his two brothers on Friday - meeting the family? The brothers are the first step, and we haven't even humped yet. I'm thinking there needs to be some sexual aggression prior to their arrival. I've devised a plan.

The plan will break down like this. I'm wearing a cute skirt on Friday, I'll go to his house before they arrive. He'll meet me at the door, I'll ask how golf was and work and then I'll ask him to sit on the couch. Then I'll crawl on top of him.

I'll tell him that I don't want him to do anything, he's had a hard week and needs to relax. I'll tell him to just sit there and tell me what he likes. Then I'll kiss him on the lips. Then on the neck. Then again on the lips. And I'll mention that I hope he likes it.

I'll swing around the back and rub his shoulders because it'll be a long night and then I'll hug him.

If there's no passion in those steps, there's no use in even thinking about humping.

No comments: