Saturday, February 11, 2006

Scatter Post

This will be a bit of a scatter post because I have a bunch of random thoughts in my head. Let's start with yesterday...

We all went out for a drink after work (before the event) and in talking with a coworker he mentioned the hot guy from leagues was asking about me, but he told him I was seeing someone... What? No! I informed my coworker I am NOT seeing anyone and he was hot, so ... he informed me he'd hook us up. Interesting ...

Then the event happened. I went, it was fun but there was several mix-ups that makes me not like the organization any more than my growing hatred. First of all, the girl who does not like me on the board said "Wow. You actually look nice." I don't know if she meant it to come out the way she did - but it didn't come off nice. Then my artwork was listed as a different artist. Come on guys, I've been working there for three years and you can't give me props for my work?

Also, a friend decided not to go because she didn't want to go alone - instead she wanted me to come over. Here's the deal (and I know I have to have this conversation with her) but she makes more money than me but I see her all the time because I'm too far away. I barely can afford gas to get to work and back not to mention a place 45 minutes from where I work. I feel bad... but ...

My post yesterday on the "question" resulted from some hilarious responses from Darth - so I'm posting them here!

1. "Why the hell are YOU single?"

2. "I know I am single because I have standards; you, on the other hand, are a different story."

3. “I am single because I only seem to meet losers like you.”

4. “I am actually a man.”

5. “Just buy me another beer and shut the hell up!”

6. “Did you know I can completely gut a man from his groin to his neck with a Taco Bell spork in less than 12 seconds?”

7. “Because my vibrator at least TRIES to get me off.”

8. “STELLA!!!!” (sorry a cheap Seinfeld ripoff)

9. “I find my cats better conversationalists than most men. You, on the other hand, are even worse than most.”

10. “I once drank a Long Island tea on the rocks and those ice cubes had a higher collective intelligence than you and all your friends.”

11. “I only date men with pierced penises.”

12. “I used to be a man but I got a sex change so I could be a lesbian and I haven’t found the right girl yet.”

Also - an anonymous poster made a good point - perhaps the right response is "Because you haven't asked me out yet" - I might try that line if the guy is interesting - otherwise, going wit a couple of Darth's responses!

1 comment:

DarthImmortal said...

I'm glad you liked the post and honored that you would devote part of a post to my rantings. Thanks! :)