Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Pink

I just watched the making of the video for "Stupid Girls" by Pink. Here's what I like most about her:

(1) The media critiques her in shape figure (a size 8 or 10) as "fat" then turns around and judges people like Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Ritchie and Mary Kate Olsen on having eating disorders. If you have an issue with skin and bones then praise the people that have nice figures and are in shape!

(2) The majority of her music and music videos critique society including image issues.

(3) She makes me proud to not be a blonde bimbo.

That's my insight for today. I in no way blame the media for image issues that teenagers face, but it's nice for some one to critique our culture in a positive way. It's OKAY to like sports, to drink beer and to bear a mid-drift when you're muscular and not think six-packed. But in another breath, I would like to pick up the new Vanity Fair (being aware of ultimate retouching) with all new naked celeb photos.

In other news, my left-over cat is depressed which makes him extremely cuddley lately but resorting to "kitten" tactics, like sucking and neading certain fabrics or standing up on your leg and mew-ing (not his grown up meow). It makes me sad and the nightmares of my poor other cat have not disappeared yet. We'll see with time.

No comments: