Friday, February 03, 2006

Count Down to the Weekend

I love Fridays, the anticipation of leaving work and not coming back over the weekend is thrilling. I start listing all the things I want to do over the weekend, only to throw them out as the time comes.

I'm hoping today is a no disaster kind of day. The guys at work are playing hockey over lunch, I'm going to extend my lunch hour and hit the gym and the bank. I've already signed up for an evening session at the gym, but I always feel better when I come back and lately I haven't been extending that extra effort there.

Here's also hoping that my father leaves me alone this weekend. Earlier this week he asked me if I would be interested in doing his books - I told him that I honestly wasn't. He quipped that he pays me more than my job and I should do it. This kills me. On one hand he complains that I always say yes to things and I need to start saying no - then when I do, he lays on the load of my situation. I told him that I really wasn't interested - then he told me I needed to check my attitude.

On Wednesday night I was getting ready to go out when he called (Yes, called - I was in the basement and he was up stairs) and he asked me when I was planning on paying rent and "reminded" me that I needed to do his books and wanted to know when. Lovely, lovely, lovely. He will find a way to weasel out of paying me mind you and I have to deal with at least 6hrs of interactions with him, him scruitinizing my every entry and every inch of my life. It's no wonder I'm so miserable.

So the weekend has technicallly been laid out for me - Saturday I'll do his books, Sunday is the Super Bowl and I'm gambling with my mom for awhile. #1 mentioned going out last Saturday, but I'll assume that isn't going to happen since he's never been good at keeping with plans and I'm not sure I should even go out since I'll be beaten to hell by my dad during the day. Therefore if we do go out and I drink, it'll be the holy hell fire of emotions again.

I was pleasantly surprised that I miscalculated my raise on my check this week by about $50.00, that means I may be able to buy some groceries this week and that it eases up my tight budet a bit. That $50.00 will start collecting in my FU fund to get out of that damn basement and back to independent life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've GOT to have someone you can strong arm into being a roomate with you, it sounds like you home life is killing you right now. Plus, I don't think your father appreciates how much of a pain in the butt boring paperwork is. He will when he has to do it all himself :)