Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hijinks at the Highbury

Oh my. Last night I was enjoy a cocktail at the Highbury and witnessed flashing by both men and women, overheard a man-scaping conversation (which reminded me of TW's 'situation' in that area) and almost fell off my chair laughing at the bartender and owner joking around. This is why it's my favorite bar.

Today is a day of meetings, straight away from 9am I've had a meeting on the hour every hour until 5:00. Then I'll promptly get my Little and take a little walk with her puppies, head over to Lu's for dinner, go for a run and then hit the sack. No going out tonight.

It's coming up on three weeks of not getting laid and I'm getting anxious. Glad it's a good thing that things didn't work out with TW or I'd be screwing his brains out left and right. In fact, I keep thinking that if he'd ever call he might just get laid because I'm itching. But the truth is, he won't (call or get laid). I toyed with texting RS last night to try to be back in his good graces, but I think that ones a deadman walking. The more I think about it (which has been happening a lot these days) the more I'm thinking a hiatus might be exactly what I need - from drinking and men. Maybe not full on from drinking, but full on for men. The scary thing is that bad apples tend to ruin the whole barrel when it comes to me. Past experiences with the guitarist taught me not to rush into sex and after the TW blow job incident, poor guys won't be getting on the receiving end of that for a long time as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun bar. Kind of like Cheers, but only if Cheers was written for HBO (like OZ or The Sopranos)