Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What I really meant to say was ... F' Off.

My weekend can be summed up in one phrase - F'Off.

On Wednesday, TW and I talked about going out on Friday after his son's birthday party. On Friday I called him at noon to say that I was looking forward to Friday night and got pushed off to the point I was ashamed I called. At 9:15 I was dolled up and meeting Jules out (hoping TW would join) when I get a "can't go out" phone call. I told him I pretty much figured when I talked to him earlier. He apologized saying that the kids were too rambunctious and it was "a birthday weekend" and I "uh-huhed" for awhile before saying one more time "I figured at noon. Talk to you later." Click.

Of course, turns out I bump into his ex-brother-in-law as I'm trying to get into Lulu's and when he asked how we were doing I said, "He's an ass. That's how he's doing. No, I take it back - he's not the same guy as week one." And finally escape to the reclusive bar.

Saturday I checked my phone about 900 times and he never called, same with Sunday and Monday. So F'Off TW.

On Monday, I went out with Jules and really wanted to tell her F'Off when she told me that I needed to get rid of my 4 rules that they were what was stopping me from getting into a real relationship. F'Off! that's all I ask - and anyone should do it any way....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what do they serve at Cafe Lulu anyways? I drive by it sometimes, and I can't figure it out. I'm thinking it's like a George Web type place??

Milwaukee Girl said...

A little more high end than George Webs ... I have the Mooney Tuna sandwich when I go in, they have Ciabatta pizzas, great burgers, homemade pies ... you should stop - it's great :) I'm there pretty much every Thursday for dinner and spent Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday there as well. You can always come hang out at the Highbury when you're done!

Anonymous said...

If only I could go back in time and buy a little of that property; I can't believe how far south the east side is expanding. I'll have to check it out one of these days, thanks for the info. Where is the Highbury, is that the bar over by the comic book shop?

Milwaukee Girl said...

Yup - right next to it. That's the nice part - if Highbury is busy (it'll be packed tonight, it's Joe the owner's birthday) you can just putz over to Lulu's. Too drunk? Stone Creek. Love Bayview :)