Thursday, May 24, 2007

Being Big.

Because my horoscope suggested that I investigate my relationship on Wednesday, I decided if TW did decide to call that I would give him a chance to explain. Which he did, to a reasoning I thought was okay being that I was completely in the bag when we talked originally. I ended up at his house, watching the game but not much new after that.

Today I'm dressed to the ten in a white sundress about to hop over to a client meeting and then off to get my hair chopped and then to do something that I'm a little afraid of --- I registered to be a Big Sister and I'll be meeting my "Little" sister tonight. She's really not that little, she's 15 which is older than I had hoped (what 15 year old wants to go to the zoo or a Brewer's game?) but I'm giving it a shot and seeing what will become of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are plenty of 15yr olds running around at Brewers games.

Anonymous said...

though anonymous (not me, above anonymous :)) is right, there are lots of 15 yr olds running around at brewer games, i'm not sure that's the idea of Big Bro/Big Sis...take 'em somewhere and let 'em looose!

Milwaukee Girl said...

I guess my fear is that she's not a fan and will want to do more 15 year old things. I remember being 15 and I was OK with games, but it wasn't what I looked forward to during the week. I want someone that wants to look forward to see me :(

But I digress, I will not know for sure until 6:15!

daynad228 said...

You have an opportunity to help guide a young woman at a very difficult age in her life. You have a chance to help her develop into a classy, confident young woman just by being a friend she can talk to. It is not so much what you do. Not all people like to do all things, but by broadening her horizons she may do things with you that she may never have done, (including going to the zoo.)Until someone tries it, how will they know if they like it? You may take her to an art gallery and she may decide that she wants to study art. A lot of kids in this age range are now experimenting sexually. This may be a topic that you have to answer at some some point. I am going through this with my 6, 7 and 8th graders at school so I can help ya if you ever need it.Maybe you guys can alternate, she picks what she wants to do one time and then you the next.She may have you doing things that you never thought of. I don't know a 15 year old that would not like to go to a salon for a mani/pedi.