Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Wine, Heroes, Beer & The Delete Button - What a Monday.

Monday started off innocently. I washed dishes and cleaned my kitchen floors in anticipation of TW to call. Around 7:30 I smoked a cigarette on my back porch and popped open the Monday regular of Lexia (crack wine, I like to call it) and anticipated the Heroes finale. From 8-9 I blocked 4 calls, none of which were from TW. Half way through Heroes I was on the second bottle of Lexia and already feeling a bit toasty. At 9, I was in tears at the ending (SO GOOD! - The bomb did explode ...) and drank the last few drops.

Jules called and I conned her out for a couple beers at a local pub so I could catch the game and talk about the Sunday night occurring and how he went from attentive to nothing. I told her I was done (actually I believe I said f*ck it about 12 times, I was drunk) and she begged me not to be. So I opened my phone, highlighted his number - showed it to her - and clicked "DELETE."

"Much better." I sighed, drank the last sips and asked her to take me home.

I laid in bed with Bumpkin as he coo-ed and rubbed his head on me. "Only man I need." Kissed him on the head and woke up this morning with a spectacular headache.

No comments: