Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Time Check.

I drank on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and today - that's a lot of drinking. Tomorrow's softball and my body is aching to go home afterwards and not drinking anything contain certain alcohols. These are the days my job drains me because it's almost in possible to say no to 20 or so friends that are sweaty and stinky from ball and to tell them to have a good time. I think I might head out for water & tater tots and call it a night.

In the meantime, yesterday's chaos did leave one unexpected surprise - a phone number I didn't recognize on my phone as a missed call. I listened to voicemails and it was TW. I called back only for a bland conversation that made me hang up and feel like I gave up on good sex for no reason.

MG: How was work?

TW: I hate my job, I can't wait to leave today.

MG: Big plans tonight (secretly hoping he'd want to see me)

TW: Yup, Poker with Dan and the guys at M's house.

MG: Well, suppose I should let you work ...

TW: Yeah, probably good. Have a good night.

MG: Good luck at poker.

I looked at my closed phone and was slightly disappointed, turns out that my buddy Bill was right - go with your gut and my gut called him Train Wreck for goodness sake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great nickname.