Tuesday, February 20, 2007

When is it all too much?

I very much hold every true friend I have near and dear; however, when it comes to break ups I do legitimately sometimes want to strangle them - well, at least #1.

There are 2 different styles of break-ups, situational and "where did that come from?" - unfortunately people often get the latter, but situational is the easiest to deal with. Let me explain ...

Di's current relationship is going through "situational" - while it's inconceivably hard because there's a baby involved, there's no "what's wrong with me?" mainstream mentality.

#1 is not the case. The last 5 days have been consistent phone calls of ego building and listening, to the point where every couple minutes or hours, I interject "stop it. just stop it. This is ridiculous." His chickie-poo broke up with him for seemingly no reason except that tired line of "you're too good" - but the one I've legitimately used in the past. I understand that he wants to rationalize, but I wonder at what point he will stop trying to break himself down.

When I was going through my issues with the RS situation, he would often listen; however, I was told to shut up on numerous occasions, that there would be no hand holding because I was being ridiculous, I fear that we might have to have the same conversation this evening. My energy is waining on trying to tell him he is attractive, attentive and will make an awesome boyfriend. With my schedule the last two weeks, I just can't do it - I need me time :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

over under on when that anonymous guy posts his reply is 35 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Business Call today downtown, no netsurfing! Otherwise, always take the under; I hate doing work and there's a whole lot of good stuff to read on the net.