Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I blame Hollywood.

The other week I was out with E talking to the annoying gentleman at the bar when he asked if I was single - "Very." I said.

"Why?"
He asked.

"It's been her choice." E replied.

I had never really looked at it that way. Have I spent three years in complete denial of letting myself have a relationship? The more I thought about it, the more it seemed plausible. I blame Hollywood.

I think I've been in complete denial of my situation because I sincerely believed (and currently as well) that if someone really wanted to be with me, they'd sweep me off my feet and I'd be in a love-rush tornado. I think I still believe this. I don't want to make concessions to my current schedule because I want someone to finally work at getting me.

Something like BG's done, but I still am caught between it being too much and not enough. I got a text at 3am saying he was listening to a band and thinking about me - enough to make anyone swoon with "ahhs" and place their hand above their heart, cock their head and do that cute little smile. Enough to make me not reply, shut my phone and cringe - too much. His lifestyle and current situation though isn't enough - his physical attributes aren't enough and I haven't fully given up on Hollywood to try and make this enough.

Now all I have to do is tell him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Physical attributes aren't enough? What, is he a troll or something? And tell him to save text for between 8am - 11pm on the work days!

Lady Latte said...

I tried to leave a longish comment this morning but blogger ate it. Anyhow.

I'm the same way. I keep expecting guys to chase me down like they do on TV but it never happens. Or worse it happens but it's not a guy I like and, unlike TV or movies, the guy's efforts seem creepy and annoying, rather than sweet and endearing, and make me like him even less.