Monday, February 05, 2007

Can I go back on hiatous now?

Wow. Really think I shouldn't be dating. Let me recap our Superbowl and today for you ...

After knocking back a couple drinks, I get a text message from said date asking me (and this is actually a quote) "did you flash the goods to any bears fans yet?"

That was incredibly underhanded and I stick to my guns when I say that this was the end for me. I don't believe after one date, one week that a person has the right to say that to me. I, in fact, would even dump a boyfriend for that phrase.

Needless to say the text messaging continued and ended today with some rather nasty insults on his part. He asked if the case was closed on us and I said yes. I got this ...

"Then that's f*cked up and you never did like me. Must be hard to like someone when you love yourself so much."

My response ... "You're right, I love myself enough to know that I won't date someone who will make me feel guilty for being who I am. I like you enough to still wish you the best."

His response (seriously, am I the dude in this?): "FYI - I never said you had to change, NEVER. But like I said if you really had a thing for me something so dumb as this wouldn't have changed your feelings."

My next response: "It's too soon to be making territorial comments like that. It's only going to get worse (tic tac comment, I know) - you've got some major self esteem issues that I'm not set to deal with."

And his next comeback? "I have self esteem issues? I don't go around flashing my tits for attention." - Let me add his tits are bigger than mine.

I finally fell completely into his game telling him to lose my number, fuck off and blow himself. Ah - that was classy.

Weigh in - am I being unreasonable in the sense that I don't want to be with someone who would say something like that after one week? Am I being a b*tch because I wouldn't spend the night at a near stranger's house?

And might I add - what ever happened to a classic date - you know the one where you go out and spend time with out having to go to their house? Do I really "love myself" so much that it's wrong of me to expect that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That guy sounded like a scumbag from the word go. He was just looking for an easy screw, and he kind of seemed like the angry wifebeater date rape drug using type.

The classic date is still the way to go. That's why it became a classic. Really, if you can't spend time just hanging out with someone, what kind of relationship is it anyhow? Not that hot sex ain't great and all that, but sometimes it's fun to just go grab a burger with someone and watch the Bucks get their ass kicked downtown. And you can't do that if your hanging around with crazy dj's with bitchtities.

Naw, you don't love yourself too much. Not enough in my humble opinion; Some of these guys you go out with deserved to get blown off a long time before you actually did (RS, CB, and Fat Flower Guy). Maybe you just have terrible taste in guys.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Ironically he proclaimed he wouldn't have sex unless he was in love ... guess it was just a line.

Thank god I had the mind to ditch him right away ...

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was very good MG! That's how dating is supposed to go. You get a lead, you check it out, if it doesn't look like it's going to work out you pull the plug and move on. I can't believe the flower guy said all that mean stuff to you though. Classic manipulator, only bad things would have come out of that relationship.

DarthImmortal said...

WOW! I kind of thought this guy sounded like a psycho but I was hoping for the best. He sounds like just the sort of slack-jawed troglodyte who would lock his wife in the basement for wearing a skirt above the ankle to work or having bigger breasts than him. You’re lucky you found out about him now.

Say “no” to psychos.