Thursday, February 01, 2007

Bowling Redux.

I'm typing in that hung over, God - why did I do that? state right now. Last night was bowling, which means drinking, smoking and making out. Check, check and check!

Last week I was sober and bowled a mere 54, my team begged me to please drink this week and drinking I did. My score upped to a wonderful 121, good enough for advertising bowling. I also happened to bowl next to Mr. Passive Aggressive from last year and engaged in some witty banter for awhile. My text phone rang from 2 pursuers, and my flirting got higher and higher with my alcohol intake.

And then it happened. I'm not 100% sure how, but there was some smooching with Mr. Passive Aggressive and I forgot what a great kisser he was. I sobered up, left with him (but not LEFT with him), kissed good bye and went home to bed.

In the meantime it seems I've over committed myself once again to engagements, not to Flower Guy's pleasant surprise. I had thought we reschedule our Saturday to Friday, but it was his understanding that I scheduled two dates with him and not just one. Yikes. This didn't go over to well when he finally said, "I don't know how I'm ever going to fit into your world."

My response, "It's your decision - but for three years my work, family and friends have been my world and I just met you, so you don't get priority. You can ease into my world and then you'll become one too."

Not sure how that really set, but now he's getting on my nerves. I know relationships are compromises, but when you first meet you can not compromise who you are and what your life is. Plus he always wants me out there - in Racine. 45 minutes away. Kiss my ass buddy.

3 comments:

DarthImmortal said...

I'm not trying to throw a monkey wrench into your good times with this comment. But you are not driving to these bowling and drinking binges are you? It’s is alright to get wasted as long as the car is at home and not a transportation choice.

Just checking up on you.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Thanks for checking in - no bowling comes equipped with to and from cab rides! It's winter, I'm not driving in snow!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I don't like your flower guy. He should be driving up to Milwaukee. You just don't know how to make a guy work for it, do you :) Hangovers suck, take some asprin and we all hope you feel better soon. Nice sock puppets, by the way. A better advertising promo than the Aqua Teen Hunger Force thing they did in Boston...