Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Days like this.

Wow, today was an okay day. It's incredibly cold in good old Milwaukee which means schools are closed and I'm rescheduling classes left and right since my clients have kids. Problem is, I was a little too good at my job and our classroom is booked. Oops.

On the upside, no scary interventions by Flower Guy. On the downside, #1 is still hounding me about helping find the perfect present for his new girlfriend and I apparently am the master of design. Just because a girl owns a couple designer items doesn't make her an expert, and ironically I could take the label and leave with it as I'm perfectly fine with non-name brand items that do just as much magic on my body.

It turns out I didn't break my pre-bill record, I was $254.00 short. It's depressing on one level because it's a goal not reached, but on the other hand it's the second highest pre-bill to date in the company and I did get the first highest one. Either way, it's so cold that I'd like to warm up at a bar - except no one is drinking tonight.

It's Milwaukee! No one is drinking?? Yup. Not a dime, seems they all are inside cuddling with their significant others and prepping for a night of tv watching while the single friend, aka - me, will have to go by herself or cuddle at home with her cat... decisions, decisions.

In other news, I'm perusing the blogs today at work as a means of trying to get my mind off of work and I bump into this blog: http://blackingfriction.blogspot.com which is incredibly delightful and links to a whole crap load of just as deliciously inviting blogs of the same nature and needless to say, I'm hooked!

Tiffany posted in her blog the other day that she was looking for more to read because some people don't update quite as often as she reads, well check them out!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, Ive been to that site a few times and it sure is, er, funny. I dunno if he's really from Milwaukee though, he's got a lot of blogs.

Bill said...

New to this blog, but I can already say I'll be a regular reader. I feel like I may have discovered it some time ago when I lived in NYC but forgot about it now that I've returned to Wisconsin.

As for this post:

1) I'll bet you were wrong about people out drinking tonight. I spent last night out with a few friends warming up the old fashioned way and was surprised to see plenty of people with the same idea. Teachers in particular had free reign.

2) you can always come and visit my blog (which we just started) at http://www.brewcityzen.com. I've made sure to add a link to yours (if you know any other good Milwaukee-related blogs, let me know)

Milwaukee Girl said...

Awesome! Thanks Bill! I'm definitely checking it out!

Anonymous said...

Actually, after checking, I realised you were looking at a different blog. I thought you meant http://blackmansdiary.blogspot.com/ wich is funny (but damn that guy made a lot of blogs) That other one is good too, but I think you were predisposed to like her because she also described herself as a twenty something and she has a martini on her profile :)

Anonymous said...

Also, congrats on your 300th post. That's a lot of typing.

Lady Latte said...

Hey that's my blog! Neato!

I think there are a lot of single 20-somethings who love martinis - probably too many.

I don't know how you people in the Midwest deal with the cold. I have several friends who've moved to Seattle from Wisconsin. They tell me stories about it being 20 degrees below and not being able to go outside! I get whiny and miserable when it's in the (positive) 30s.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Yes, you're my new daily read and link :) And I agree, it's the writing style and subject matter that really counts not so much the martini, though I do love a good martini when it's a windshield of 20 below!

Anonymous said...

windchill of 20 below...

Bill said...

you just deal with it. it makes the summer that much more glorious.