Saturday, July 15, 2006

True Love

I've been dog sitting a lot these days in the effort to make a little additional cash (a failed experiment by the way) and occassionally the K-9s come back with me to my house. My cat, a dear almost 2 year old gray and white British-Bi Color, puts up with them to the best that he can. He socializes well and has no fear (except for the beagle who bayed in his ear) so I don't second guess bringing them home.

But today he made a gesture at me that makes me think he actually wants to continue to be in my life. As often cats do, they ignore their human counter parts completely until food/water/litter box needs cleaning or they can't seem to get that scratch on their shoulder blades. I'm not home much so I know I'm not worthy of the cuddling, though when I arrive he knows my footsteps and my voice and comes binding up and rubbing on my leg (a lot having to do with the fact that his food bowl is near empty) but today it was a different gesture.

I'm watching a dual pair of cute and fluffy Bischons (the same ones about 2 months ago that I watched for two weeks) and dropped them at my place to keep them occupied while I went to the gym and went "luxury" shopping. When I arrived home I went in my room to post on the blog and he crept in, placed his paw on my knee as if to say, "I'm the one you really love right? I'm not going to be replaced." Hit doting eyes, pupils nice and big, black slightly glazed. I petted him on his head, he let out a purr that he knew he was the only man in my life and walked away.

That my friends is as true love as it needs to get for me.

No comments: