Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Six more weeks.

Eh gad. Only six more weeks to vacation. On top of pining away how I will save up the cash in just three pay periods, I found out today that our insurance takes out $50 per paycheck to cover. Ouch.

This sudden documentation prompted me to schedule a meeting with our owner and COO to discuss my position so far. If all goes as planned we'll touch base on performace, adding on tasks, time management and improvements. Then I'll drop the bomb. I've decided that I need to take the risk and see if they'll readjust my comission scale to a lower base. I firmly believe that my actions thus far have shown that I deserve that base; however, there is little opportunity for me to hit commissions while we are in our growing spurt. I'm going to explain (and bring notes, probably after this post) that at this point it's impossible to sell more than $25K a month without ticking off clients, something I'm not willing to do. Selling onsite corporate classes is also not an option since our current instructors are in class. Therefore there are two options that I have at this point to make the money that I need to. (I'll also re-iterate that I did ask if we could renegotiate my structure after 3 months and it's been 4)

Option A (and preferred): Adjust my commission scale accordingly, where based on my average sales a month ($15K) I can still reasonably bring in what I'm making now. I'm willing to go down about $10K a year to have a structure to support this. Therefore, I can perceive my goals as achievable.

Option B: Realizing that we just hired a new employee for our Admin position, moved locations in our Madison office, need to hire at least one employee there and need to purchase additional machines since classes are so full, I realize at this point adjusting my commission structure may not be cost efficient; however, I will need to get an additional job to this one which means limiting my activities in the evenings and weekends to accompany a job that I may be required to work at for 20 or so hours a week.

Hopefully the catch up doesn't resort me to tears in finding out that there's a lot I can change and I still have a back bone to go over my requests.

Grow a back bone. Grow a back bone. Grow a back bone.

In weekend news, here is some humor that will make you laugh.

While getting drunk with my sister on her porch on Sunday she looks at me 1/2 whiskey eyed and says, "Grandma watches a lot of TV. A LOT of TV. She knows you had an STD."

"What?" I think to myself. My grandma knows all about the cervical cancer testing that I've been repeating three times a year (or so, when I have money).

She continues, "Well, all those new commercials say that the cause of cervical cancer is an STD known as HPV."

Guess Grandma doesn't think her little grand daughter is a virgin any more.


About four hours later at my cousin's graduation party:

A girl walks in that I immediately recognize as a host from my old restaurant. I ask my sister if she knows who she is, she tells me "one of their friends." I say outloud (because there's so much beer in me at this point I can't possibly have an inside thought, "She was a big old whore."

About 1/2 hour later my sister sits next to my cousin (tell me you didn't see this one coming), "MG used to work with that girl." He nods his head "Yes" she had informed him, "That's my girlfriend." He says proudly. To which she replies "MG says she's a whore."

Gulp. What? Thanks. She returns back to the table, "Why did you say that?" She tells me it's because I didn't say it was a secret. I look at her and say "What in the word 'whore' doesn't scream secret!"


Gotta love family.

2 comments:

BZ said...

LMMFAO! @ Whore! That is too funny. Man, I'd have to put the smack down on my sis for some sh*t like that.

DarthImmortal said...

That was a good one!! Thanks for the laugh!! :)