Sunday, July 09, 2006

Looking back ...

My checklist accomplishments ...

Saturday I slept until 10 - I think the last time I did that I didn't have boobs.

I went to the gym both Saturday and Sunday.

Cat did not eat face. I purchased a large bag that will probably only last two weeks because he's a fat ass (just like his momma, LOL)

I did not apply for the new job YET. Probably will during the downtime tomorrow.

I saw Pirates - AWESOME. No resolution in the end, my nights until next summer will now be filled with Johnny Depp, arguably not a bad thing.

I did some laundry - though Dad & GF came home early and I always feel bad doing laundry then.

This weekend I also went to Summerfest - my first time (and last, today was the final day) against my will. I didn't want to see any ex-es of any sorts, boyfriends, friends, employers and I was broke with a capital B (the major downside to bi-MONTHLY instead of weekly paychecks - 3 weeks, no income! Eyy!). The heat was tremendous and I was with my mom and step-dad. We stayed for six hours and headed home - just to reach there and get a migraine. I spent three hours on my mom's couch with ice bags on my head and neck and a pillow over my face. It also poured, I left my window a crack open and went home with out a headache but with a wet butt.

Then there was Saturday (I'm going backwards - I know). It is very important that I stress you may not agree with this post and I will not back down on anything that I say here because it is my opinion.

My little brother is not full blood, but was raised by my dad and step father. We DID NOT have a bad childhood no matter what happened. When I was eight my little brother's biological dad tried to get custody but is a nut case. My mom pulled my older brother and me in a room and informed us that he had a different dad. The first and only words out of my mouth was "He won't try to take him, will he?" This has been my obsession for eighteen years, I don't want this douche-bag taking away my baby brother.

I've posted before about the angst of his exsistence in my brother's life and I've vocalized my concerns to my brother - but he believes he is an adult and can make these decisions for himself (which he can but he is still my BABY brother). He made arrangements to meet the a-hole on Wednesday and didn't inform his family members until Tuesday. When the day came his so-called "father" freaked him out so bad that he went into hiding so he wouldn't see him. Since then the bastard has left 42 messages insulting my brother and mom to the point that I have been more then pissed.

After having a girls day with my mom we came home to this message:

"Why are you keeping me from my son? You can not deny me this right. If you were remotely hip to the bible you would realize that it is the father's job to raise the sons, why are you doing this? You will go to hell. You can't deny me this."

Sick of the insults, the harrassment I found his number on caller ID and dialed it and left this message:

"Mr. Douche-bag (okay, I used his real last name), my name is MG and I am calling on behalf of my brother he has asked that you stop contacting him. If you continue the harrassment of my family, my brother, mother, father & step-father included, we will seek help from the authorities. I am asking you to leave us alone."

Nice huh? Oh and then I added, "By the way, you are not a father - just simply a sperm donor."

I was so good to that point and it's only set him off more. This is where you might not agree with what I have to say ...

If you abandon your child and then try to get him back and a court says you are not stable, you are not stable. HOWEVER, if you love your son so much you should have continued the fight. You do not insult his mother, you do not insult their families.

A father is made from late nights, a crying shoulder, tuition payments for school, clothing, doctor's bills. A father is not made of blood, he is made of love. 20 years after the fact and spending a mere year on the phone does not make you his father. Does not allow you the right to be called his father.

This man went so far as to tell my brother that our father (the man that raised not only him, but also my older brother and sister) was not and should never be called that again. This outrages me.

If you contributed to life and then ducked out - you are a mere sperm donor and will be treated that way.

No comments: