Friday, July 07, 2006

Not feeling like myself these days ...

I'm not feeling my normal upp-ity self these days, things have been a bit off for about a week. I'm tired all the time, I can't think straight, I'm easily distracted - thank God I'm not having sex, otherwise I might think I was pregnant.

I read an article yesterday about a "Surprising Reason You're Tired" - hmm, I would like a surprising reason and the article claimed that rich people get more sleep than people of smaller incomes. This wasn't as much of a surprise as I had hoped, I was thinking more along the lines of killer spiders biting you in your sleep and throwing off your melantonin, but I think it's accurate. When I'm not worried about how I'm going to pay my bills at night, I'm working - so yes, I've come to expect about 6 hours of sleep at night and then we'll add in the four or five cat distractions and I guess that explains it.

I know what else is not helping my quiet nights, the absolute tightness in my shoulders. I desperately need a massage, it hurts to even breathe (well, it could be that or the amount of cigs I'm smoking a day). Where's that hunky Swedish maseus when a girl needs him?

As a point of relaxation, I've taken to reading again. This past weekend I trotted over to the local library to get "Devil Wears Prada" - only to find it on hold for 8 more people. Ever the impatient one, I just went to our local Borders and bought a copy. I finished it in 2 days at the gym.

While purchasing the book, I also saw "Good in Bed" a book I had also heard great things about and mentally checked in my head that it would be the next one I would read. Having finished the book so quickly, I went again to the library and was very happy for it to be in stock. I picked it up at 6pm last night and finished it at 2am this morning after minimal distractions.

Needless to say, I recommend both books and completely forget why I haven't been reading ...

No comments: