Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Just not into you.

So after shuffling through old items yesterday, I stopped over at the local Home Depot and picked up some wood, some pain and some nails, bound and determined to make a lovely set of shelves for my living room.

As I cozied up to paint I popped in STC as part of my normal weekend routine, season 6. I laid out paper and the wood and began to paint as Carrie began to dater Berger. As the first coat was drying and my hands, arms and face were covered in black and red paint, Miranda spoke about her date with another lawyer who hadn’t called in two days. She asked Berger what he thought he meant and he told her that he just wasn’t into her and explained that if a guy wants to come up, meeting or not, if he likes you – he will. I can’t believe I forgot about that bestseller book from years ago that was collecting dust … in some box. I continued to paint and smiled to myself, the easiest advice that makes life so simple and I forgot about it.

Well, tonight I put on another coat of paint and assembled my very own, homemade media center (it was supposed to be a shoe rack, but the holes weren’t big enough – eh, you win some you lose some) only to find that I scratched the paint off the wood in a couple of different spots. I began to search for a new paint brush (I was also lazy last night and didn’t clean them, thinking they were only a buck, I’d buy more) and as I rummaged through my craft box for a thin brush I found it – the book.

The pink and black item that, while grossly over priced – especially at the time I bought it, offered the easiest point of advice … if he doesn’t call, email, write; if he doesn’t linger or the relationship ends and he’s still having sex with you after no comment of re-commitment, it means, plain and simply, he’s just not that into you. Ding, ding.

Saturday night was now explained, RS was now explained, and even in later arguments of the ever allusive CB was explained, when it comes down to it – they weren’t that into me.

I try not to be a game player at all, but I realized I need to stop the chase – I’m always into them. The next guy will be the one to call, to ask me out, to do all the things that classy love affairs include – end of story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Black and Red? Yikes.