Wednesday, January 17, 2007

End of Story?

I was working away, filling out cards to tell clients that we were so proud of their accomplishment on making the 2007 Book of Lists when my computer made a weird dinging sound. I looked up as my iChat perched at me to either approve or deny a message from RS.

What could it hurt to see what he had to say? Approve. “In Madison or Milwaukee?” It asked me. He’s just not into you I thought, but still found my hands to the keyboard to type, “Madison, why?” I lied.

For the next hour we bantered a bit back and forth but I never said that I’d go up there. I gave him the opportunity to make the trip down to Milwaukee saying that I had a meeting at 3:00 and didn’t feel like driving up to Madison to turn around drive home and drive up the next day (I’m in Madison until Thursday, with trips to Milwaukee in between – or at least was supposed to be, but instead am just going up Thursday). To which he didn’t bite. It dawned on me that the gentleman thing to do would have been to ask me to come up, stay the night and drive the next day, but of course it wasn’t said. Reason? He’s into having sex with me, he’s just not that into me.

So I’m at home, about to draw a bath and prepare for a big event tomorrow, typing up my blog and smiling to myself that the addiction is broken. Hey – if you’re not into me, you’re not worth fucking me. End of story – period.

No comments: