Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ah. Bowling.

So last night was a double team event, first I had one from 6-8:30, which meant not actually participating in bowling but still showing up after to join in the festivities of drinking and socializing.

The thing about our little league is that there aren't that many good bowlers, it's just an excuse for 60 some people in advertising to get drunk, smoke and hook up with other people in advertising for one night. I participated in all three categories last year, but didn't actually end up going home with one of the participants ever - just seeing him. He's a nice, tall red head that has a mean passive aggressive spark to him which is why it didn't work (see birthday post).

Last night I sauntered in to the bowling alley, dolled up in an ivory dress and my 5" leopard heels and did my rounds of socializing, making sure it was apparent that I was there but not saying anything quite yet to him. Finally after half an hour of waiting, I just came up to him. He turns to me and says, "I have been drooling for the last 1/2 hour since you walked in over you."

Little sayings like this make me question why I'm not dating him. I try to remind myself that he uses the phrases "like" and "dude" a little too much for me and that he has that PA streak, but still he has a lot to offer.

Of course, at the same time there's BG that will be there every week and the dating site has led to a cute interaction again. I had decided to be good and to not multi-date anymore, but with these options it's going to be hard to resist.

4 comments:

BZ said...

I emptied the stables to stop the multi-dating thing, too! But it's so hard. I'm working on it, though.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with dating a wide range of guys? The purpose is to find the right person for you, right? How are you going to know what is right for you if you don't give yourself a chance to meet a cross section of different people? Going out with one guy at a time is like trying to pick out a car you like by test driving every one in the lot for 20,000 miles.

Milwaukee Girl said...

That's a good point my mysterious anonymous reader ... I've been multi-dating for 3 years and haven't had a real relationship since I started, but maybe it's just because the guys are all gay or too clingy ...

Anonymous said...

I'd rather have someone who punched me in the face than someone who was passive aggressive. Hope that helps you.