Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Did you not get the memo?

A few months back my ex (Guitar Guy) tried to get in contact with me. After not hearing from him in a month, I sent this:

Seriously, you can not go around telling people that I hate you, I ignore you, when you don't even respond to emails. So here's the deal - you decide to have communication or you be happy with what I've told you in the past - I will never be mean, but I'm not going to pursue a friendship. The only reason that I chose to respond was because I kept hearing that you were trying to contact me and I wouldn't respond back - something that isn't true.

I'm happy with my life right now, my boyfriend, my job, my situation. I'm not going to toy with trying to be sweet and nice once every six months so that I don't have to hear behind my back how mean I am. So you're in or you're out - right now, you're out.


He finally had responded with this (by the way - perfect copy spelling errors & all):

Wow I just got this and just got back in town. Don’t check work email to much since they only have me arround during the summer and just got back from our LA contacts. I have not told anyone in a long time that you hate me. I am real glad you and I can talk and say hello time to time. I am real happy you found someone to treat you the way you deserve. I have always wished the best for you and glad you have found the happiness you deserve. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you but if you do not want me to email anymore and let your life be I can respect that. Just wanted to say hello and hope all is well.


I responded:

Listen, you can do whatever you'd like but I'm letting you know right now that your not the type of person I want in my life. I've learned a valuable lesson that you choose people to be involved with. Please don't contact me.


Well, today I was on Chat for work and - oh, he writes.

What do I need to say???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just wrote to tell him you had a boyfriend. If you truly didn't care you wouldn't need the last word.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Totally admit that I wanted to throw it in his face - but that was months ago. When he IM'd me I said nothing :)