Saturday, October 13, 2007

The amazement of technology these days.

I forgot to post about what has been happening lately.

#1 and my best friend is 5 months, 1 week pregnant. We are so thrilled, because this time it's a baby that we get to see, play with, be auntie and uncle.

But then, yesterday morning, it was 7:07am and I got a call from #1. "This is the emergency tree ..." Her water broke on Thursday night.

So we spent a lot of time at the hospital. Bringing in "real" food, magazines and entertainment. She's bed ridden for the next 48 hours. And as long as that clears, then the next 3 weeks. And after that? It's a C-section and she's a mommy.

And I'm an auntie.

And #1's an uncle.

I looked at her yesterday, "You know what this means?"

She smiled, though you can tell she was nervous.

"(A) We have to move up the baby shower. (B) You can DRINK at your baby shower. (C) No pregnancy pants with panels!" She laughed because last week's shopping spree for a slightly swollen belly left her in tears when she refused to buy pants with panels.

So I've been praying really hard that the baby makes it. She will be an amazing mom and she deserves it. We figured that the baby was just way too excited to meet me, #1 & AD that he had to come party with us now.

No comments: