Thursday, August 16, 2007

What the?

I'm really sick of being taken advantage of. It's just not the buying of drinks and dinner for friends that are seemingly on an endless wheel of being broke, it's the help me phone calls that never seem to be returned.

I had to take a step back today and seriously think to myself, "would they do that for me?" And it was sad to realize that I don't think 1/2 of my friends would cover my butt in the end.

I'm still waiting for payment for watching the dogs for the past 10 days. I even clearly explained that I needed the money for the upcoming tailgate and I needed it by today. Instead I get unanswered phone calls, text messages and emails. Normally this wouldn't bug me as much as it is - but that money needs to go towards this weekend and my Lia Sophia party. It also needs to cover my unexpected $100 some bar tab from Monday night. If I could reach her, I'd grab her and shake her and say "pay me woman! I wasted 2 days driving your butt to Chicago for heaven's sake."

It gets more interesting. Since my phone, email and text weren't returned I thought I might myspace a message over - only to find a weird comment "did you clean your kitchen yet?" This peaked my attention because when she left it was a disaster. I truly do not believe that my $35/day dog sitting for 2 pups covers being her maid. She did make the in direct comment that she was sorry for the dishes, but in no sense did I think that I should clean it up. It's not my job. I'm not your maid. It's a bit of a mixed signal since one of my friends did mention I cleaned her house when I dog sat (she paid up front and I'm more inclined to do wonderful things when I have money), but I don't see what it was an assumption. So I clicked over to her original comment that prompted that and sure enough she was discussing how her house was a wreck after 11 days. I wanted to comment back - "Hey! I only spent the night once because I got a parking ticket!" But I'd rather give her another opportunity to pay me before I burn that bridge.

On a sad note, #1 can't go to the tailgate on Sunday and it was specifically for his birthday. On the upside, I don't have to come up with the money for another ticket for one of the people that wanted to go :)

2 comments:

MD said...

The way I see it, you have 3 choices.

1) Go FRIGGIN NUTS on your friends, so they'll be too afraid to forget to pay you (you might also get a nice raise) or too afraid to ask a favor next time.

2) Drop them like a sack of potatoes and buy more pets.

3) Start stealing from them to make up for their tabs.

Milwaukee Girl said...

I know, I know! From now on there's strict rules about early payment. I'm getting to busy for this sh*t!

MD - Love the idea ;) Too bad I've got a killer guilt complex.