Monday, August 06, 2007

Craving Alone Time.

Where to start? The emergency trips to Chicago on Friday and Saturday? The zoo yesterday? Or should I back up and clearly explain by what I mean about alone time?

It's been nearly two weeks since TW and I really had any alone time. Between NG moving in, him having the kid and our two work schedules, it just hasn't happened. And by alone time, I don't really mean sex, I mean time when it's just us. But on the topic of sex, that barely happens too.

NG's girlfriend works Monday through Friday until 11:00 and NG usually picks her up - this gives me and TW a range of time from 10:30 - 11:30 for alone time. Now, pack that in with the fact that he plays poker one night and has the kid two nights during the five days, that pretty much leaves a slated one-hour for alone time and being slightly sex craved, that one hour is dedicated to sex and not so much anything else.

Top that off with the fact that it's been so muggy and hot here the past few weeks that my house is virtually out of the question for anything since it's a sauna and we're stuck in a never ending circle of trying to secure time.

It's not that I mind being around NG and his girlfriend - they're great. But it's hard enough to nail TW to throw into the mix the fear of "being caught" (his not mine). I'm pulling out my hair looking for relief.

Let's start with Thursday. 10:30 came around and NG and his friend left. TW started goofing around which led to the bedroom - and great sex (I know, I know - finally!) - just in time to drink a glass of water and have a cigarette before they got back. I was on such a nice high from Thursday night that when he called on Friday and mentioned the Brewer game, I was more than happy to head on over in anticipation of another fun hour of alone time.

Instead, I ended up heading down to Chicago. Turns out the woman's dogs I'm sitting for had her car breakdown and she needed a ride, so I printed out directions and drove as quickly as I could so I could try and hit my one-hour break. Turns out that I wasn't that lucky - although it led to that butterfly disgustingly cute thing where TW called at 11:00 to make sure I was okay...

There went Friday night. Saturday wasn't much better. The phone rang at 8:00 so I could drive her BACK down. On the way back up it was quite a cluster-f*ck of traffic so it took me until 1:00 to get back to Milwaukee.

The kid was coming over on Saturday night, so I headed over to E's for some dinner and veggie - perpetually irritated that my adventures this weekend in the name of friendship not only cost me $60 but also a second night of good sex.

I'll have to finish more later - I'm off to a golf outing!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are a good dog sitter to go pick that shmuck up. I would have told them to have someone from their family drive them back down. Where did the costing $60 come from? I'm jealous of your golf outing, sounds fun.

Milwaukee Girl said...

She is technically a friend. The $60 breaks down as so ...

$10 I gave her in change for tolls
$15 I had to pay in tolls for both trips
$35 for gas for the trip

And the sucker punch? She didn't even pay me to dog sit before she left so I'm out that cash!

Anonymous said...

Fuck that! Show me the cash big time, it would have cost $100 each way for a cab ride, she would be getting off cheap just paying $60 both ways. Didn't she say she would pay you back?

Anonymous said...

Why don't you learn how to golf?

Milwaukee Girl said...

On the topic of paying me back ... not so much. She gave me $6.00 for my troubles (sigh). I figure the rest is all for good karma, but if I don't get TW alone soon I'm chopping it up to being stupid.

Anonymous said...

Six dollars. Didn't you even tell her that gas is $3/gallon and Chicago is 80 miles away? You are a tool, she has probably justified herself in her own mind that the $6.00 was fair compensation. I'm all for doing people favors, but I at least want them to acknowledge that it is, in fact, a favor. Why do you keep ducking the golf question, you go to 10 events a year and yet I doubt you golf a lick.

Milwaukee Girl said...

LOL, not so much 10 - but 5, yeah and you're right - I don't golf. I'd like to pick it up but it's a bit too expensive for me at this point. It's in my 5 year plan!

Anonymous said...

Eh, I guess you've got enough on your plate already, but your missing out.