Thursday, August 02, 2007

Easily Replaceable?

I was thinking that today's mind set has the notion that everything is easily replaceable. Our TV's breakdown so we get a new one, our cars reach the end of the rope - get a new one, we get sick of our jobs - we get a new one, we're in a relationship and instead of working through kinks - we get a new one. Everything these days seems like it's replaceable.

Last night NG came to my softball game yesterday (TW had the kid) and we went out afterwards to see E's J perform in Downtown Idol. Both of us consumed a bit to drink which always leaves for dapper conversation. He plucked me for feelings on TW and outlined his misconceptions with his current girlfriend.

They are in love, but he has trust issues. He told me he sometimes wishes he was single again - because it's just easier. So while he has feelings, he knows she still is replaceable.

Which led to the mysterious 6 week disappearance of TW back in May. I told him that I still wonder what the hell happened that he could turn a 180 like that and I still fear that any day, I could just be replaced - again.

NG tried to assure me that it wouldn't happen, tip-toeing around the information of what exactly happened until I assured him that I already knew - he spilled the beans when we went out after TW went MIA. He laughed and just said that TW was confused, but he's getting on the right track.

He made a good point - TW is putting in the effort for long term because I've met his family - which ho-bag did not. And he's meeting mine. The last thing a guy that got cheated on wants to do is end a relationship after the girl meets his family because he's cheating.

But it still makes you think - what will be replaced next?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever find out who the ho bag was?

Anonymous said...

Didn't Beyonce do a song about this subject?

Bella said...

I think the idea of "easily replaceable" is one of the reasons I've had such a hard time finding someone to be in a committed relationship with. Everyone (including me) is looking out for the next big thing. The grass is always greener and all of that. Sigh...I'm hoping that soon enough "he" and I will meet and we'll know that there is no possible way that the grass is going to get any greener, because we're perfect for each other.

A girl can dream, anyway...

wearingthepants said...

I like how you refer to her as "ho-bag." :)