Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Pissed off the neighbor.

If only this were a podcast and you could hear the angry rolling of paint against the walls in hall outside my back entrance and the angry spattering of paints on the plastic.

Yes, I narked on you.

That's right, it was for slightly selfish gains, don't get me wrong. I was hoping the work wouldn't be done, after all I would like to just move out into a humble abode where my gas/electric bills didn't total $203 for 58 degree heat or $102 for 3 minutes of hot water a day. Seriously, my total rental costs for just living this month were near $1000 - that's ridiculous, I could have a studio downtown or better yet, be developing a savings account.

So when the landlord said that "it's not within my budget" to replace the carpeting downstairs and argued against fixing the bathroom, I threw in there "Look, I'm a professional - my clothes can't smell like certain things when I go to work that the downstairs neighbors do on a regular basis." He kind of got the picture. And he did pay the maintenance guy (downstairs neighbor) to paint my walls in NOVEMBER and they still aren't done. Do I expect my new printer to be gone tomorrow when he comes into paint? Maybe.

I agreed to stay, it did dawn on me that I really have to give notice in May (60 days) - which is only, grab your seats folks, 1.5 months away. And, I bet I can negotiate an early release if there's a person interested in a 1 BR loft in the beautiful area of Bay View that doesn't mind spotted carpet and holy ceilings.

Shit. Just realized that I have to smell paint fumes tomorrow night. May have to arrange a sleep over. Poor kitty - like he doesn't get stoned off the pot enough.

1 comment:

Lauren Elizabeth said...

Ahh, I also have a neighbor that partakea in a certain past-time, and often. He also has very loud sex, and our bedrooms are next to eachother, so it sounds like I'm in the room with them. Throw in the face that this occurs at like 5am on a regular basis, and the guy is really ugly. Then he calls and complains that my dog barks! At least she's not barking at 5 am, buddy....sorry went on a rant. Anyway, liked your post, I can relate.