Monday, March 10, 2008

The Old Adage.

I told my boss today that I almost accepted that job - not because I wanted more money, but because I wanted her to know my dedication and hope she had the same to me. Of course, I mentioned that I would hope she would respect me enough to stop using the term "my age."

Because realistically, "when you were my age" cost of living was SIGNIFICANTLY lower. I mean, last I read, COL is up 40% in the last 10 years. Divide my income in half and that's technically what I was making at your age. Really, good money? I mean, I make a living. I get to do what I want. But I HATE THAT MY AGE is used so often. What about what I did for your company? How about saying, "You make good money for what you do."

Oh - and then she reverts back to her favorite adage which makes me never want to speak to her, "you always see the negative - that was a positive statement."

No comments: