Saturday, December 30, 2006

In the times of the New Year

Resolutions. Are you going with the “I’ll never make a resolution” or are you going with the “Happier relationships, lose weight, work harder, save more money?” I can’t resist.

Every year I feel like the plate is wiped clean, after all I’ve gone the last three years without anything holding me back. No lease, no boyfriend. I could get up and leave without a second glance. I see it as a chance as renewal, a chance of forgiveness, a chance of re-inventing.

That’s what the Phoenix is about. That’s why it’s on my back. Now with it’s revamping, I feel like I should revamp myself again. I’m not miserable in my current life, but as we all feel, we could always adjust certain things.

Maybe it’s not a resolution but a re-inventation but here’s the changes I’d like to see in myself during 2007.

Most importantly. I will be classier.
The last few years I’ve been more Samantha than Charlotte (yes that’s an STC reference) and I’ve come to realize that Charlotte is not a bad person, apparently naïve but completely classy. I will swear less, I will wear dresses more, I will wear heels and I will be different. When I walk down the street they will say that I’m classy, not trashy. My chest will be covered, my calves will shine in expensive shoes. My hair will be long, my eyes will shine. My hair will be done, my make up on.

Secondly, I will take time for myself. I’m a workaholic, classic Capricorn. My job has always been my family, I’ve lived and breathed it. I couldn’t live without access to email on the weekends or constant cell phone interaction. I will turn it off one day a week so clients, family and friends can’t access me. I’ll sit in the tub and clean my house, I’ll go to the gym and watch cheesy movies. I might even go on a date.

Lastly, I will stop the affair.
Men are ridiculous because I’m a phenomenal catch. I’ve been using my Madison trips as an excuse to convince myself I’m not ready for a relationship, when in fact I’m actually in one. I’ve tried to position myself as this renegade, open to a casual relationship when the truth is – even if it’s just sex, I deserve at least a Happy Birthday text message or IM. I’ve already made the first step and registered on Yahoo Personals. The men in my industry are notoriously womanizers and I don’t want to shop talk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have yourself psyched up for a good 2007!

Here's to new opportunities, never further away then the next sunrise!

DarthImmortal said...

The classier you sounds even hotter!! (Except for the zero tolerance on clevage part). Good luck in 007!!