Saturday, December 23, 2006

What a week!

Joan was in town last week and headed out to the Pack game on Thursday. Taking a deep breath after a long week and having my house back to myself, I sunk into the warm bubble bath that I prepared for myself. The bubbles were all around, crackling as my ears were submerged in the hot water and I closed my eyes.

As normal, the cat paced the edge of the tub. He hates it when I'm in there. Not sure if it's the water or the fact that I don't see him, but he will not leave my side when I'm in the shower or the tub and pulls back the curtain to paw at my arm and ferouciously lick any speckles of water that are in my hair or on my face or arms. As in normal context, back and forth he went but this time he went too far.

He's a tom-cat, which is bigger than a normal cat, and I may be over feeding him a bit - so when he reached the far end, he had difficulties turning. "Oh baby!" I sat up to help him, at the same time he used my face as a launching pad to keep from getting wet. I sunk in the tub, thanking God that I closed my eyes so quickly. The water seeped into the cut, the stinging started above my eye and kicked over to my neck. "FUCK."

I got out of the tub, looked in the mirror and I was covered in seeping blood.

Prior to work I tried to hide the resinating scratch but to no success - looks like it will be a season of Scarface.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Owch! Sounds painful.