Monday, December 04, 2006

Son of a B*tch!

I pay $650 a month for rent - water & trash are the only things included and I live in an old place, this means that heat leaks like no tomorrow so my gas and electric tip the scales close to $130 a month. Justification purposes, my rent was supposed to include a parking space (off street) and a washer and dryer.

Well, with our little blizzard the landlord's brought out both trucks and now I can't park! Also, both washing machines are in use all the time and I know one of them is on my electric. The hall light is also on my electric and is turned on all the time without me. I'm getting to the short end of my leash here.

I've composed this letter (note, my landlord's live downstairs so I don't want to be mean):

First let me say that I really enjoy living here – you guys are great, I love being able to walk Cocoa, I love the location and I love the place.

I was really hoping to have a housewarming party this weekend; however, I know the remodeling is not done yet. My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I would love to have people over for it, I was curious to if you thought it was possible to finish the place within the month? If not, please let me know so I can make alternative plans – either way is not a big deal.

Also, as we’ve discussed, the truck does take up a large amount of parking space and I can barely get my car in when it doesn’t snow. I was able to maneuver my car after shoveling out the space on Saturday but I’m really not able to get in at all with the truck on the outside of the garage at all. I’ve been parking on the street but am risking getting tickets every night with the snow. Part of the allure was having an off-street parking place in the rental amount, is there any possibility of having the spot available? If it might not be all the time I’d like to get a night parking permit for situations like this that arrive and take the amount off of my rent.

I don’t mean to be a pest, but I feel that I am paying a decent amount of rent for the area and I’d just like to be compensated for what I’m paying for.

I know there’s a lot going on right now and I am more than happy to utilize my dad’s workmen to finish the kitchen and pay them for their time if I can take that money out of my rent for January.

Please let me know your thoughts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't BELIEVE you're renting for $650/Mo at a crappy place like that! On hwy 100 and Bluemoud there are Condo's for sale (small ones) for $90k on the nose. You could pay Morgage and tax with insurance for $600 a month and own the damn thing when you're done. Think about it!