Friday, March 13, 2009

That was a bust.

I have never felt so gross about an interview. I just got back from my second interview with a local sub company, very well branded in Wisconsin. There just wasn't the connection, and I felt that upon a follow up paper and prior to the interview this morning. Strange how your gut can be so right. I won't lie the position is 100% beneath me - something aimed more for a college graduate than someone with almost 9 years experience. To me this was the final stage in why the answer would be no if offered - and no longer just because it's 18K-12K less than I'm used to making.

That's the thing about this economy, we feel like we need to accept something that isn't right because money plays such a large role in our lives. It's sad, but necessary unfortunately.

All the positions I've interviewed for our below my qualifications and for incredibly less money - but people simply don't want middle management positions right now. You need the Director and the support.

Not that I'm not happy that I'm interviewing - it's exciting and thrilling. I am finding that the process is reigniting in knowing that the position I'm excited about is the right puzzle piece.

No comments: