Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dude, a picture is just a picture.

At my grandpa's birthday today our family got together to celebrate. In normal family tradition - a family picture was to be taken. And a fight insued.

My cousin "surprised" the family by showing up with her husband and two kids at the very last minute. My cousin is the most prized person in our family because of her two kids. Although my sister is raising my neice, she is not blood - therefore unlegitimizing her in the eyes of some of our family. That being said, she also HATES pictures unless they are professionally done. Not sure why, she just doesn't like them.

Now some additional background ... my great aunt is dying and my other great aunt (we'll call her Hollywood since that's where she works) is here to say goodbye. Both of my aunts are the greatest ladies on the planet - fun loving and fun, period. They like to keep family memories on film. Do you see where this is going?

Well cousin drops in with her kids and doesn't even bother asking about my auntie who is not well. Just show off their kids. This doesn't go over well but Hollywood keeps it bottled up.

We finished eating and chatting and I got out the cakes. Well, the kids are getting cranky so Hollywood decides its time for a family picture. Not only for Grandpa's birthday, but also for auntie in the hospital.

My cousin immediately grabs her family's jackets and proceeds to throw a fit when asked to please pose for the photo. Hollywood had enough and just went off! It was priceless because my cousin's fits are generally just taken - and someone finally called her out on it.

Cousin dear stormed out of the family reunion, followed promptly by her parents because they were uncomfortable. Hollywood cried. It was heart breaking - but seriously - DUDE, IT'S JUST A PICTURE!!

No comments: