Thursday, March 19, 2009

The low grumble in the morning.

Three dogs can be kind of a stresser. My dog is having jealousy issues on day three. Don't go by her people or a fight will ensue - but I kind of think she wants it that way, an excuse to rumble and tumble with two dogs that would prefer to just relax. That was the first low grumble.

The second was my 22 year old brother coming downstairs, turns out that the dog fighting at 6:30 this morning didn't wake him up to catch the city bus. Being that he was late, I offered to drive him to school for a second to get away from the internal grumbles in my house.

The third was my car. I love that the car I bought a year and a half ago has cost my $4,500 in repairs as of last year - I can only imagine what the roadster grumble will bring. If I didn't owe more than what the car was worth, I'd get rid of it at the first chance I had. A couple more car payments and I'll be up to par.

The fourth grumble is the fact that I'm trying to figure out what lifestyle changes need to take place when I'm making nearly 1/2 of what I did last year. I keep trying to find a way to figure out the bills so there's something leftover in the month.

The next challenge in figuring out the bills is to figure out if I should use what's left in my savings to pay off one of my credit cards, or to reserve it since there won't be excess income for emergencies. Technically, the minimum payment is $20 a month, which is what I would be saving - making the equivelant savings account be around 2 years to rebuild at only $20/month. I am looking at a credit change being that I've been living on it for the last month of unemployment. So paying off one would help my status.

Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suzie Orman, while a nut, says that you should always pay off your cards first. The interest will cost you more in the end. It would help your credit too if you are seriously thinking of getting a new(er) car in the coming months. You can use the card for emergencies.