Sunday, March 08, 2009

Relief at $300 a week

The good news is that I got unemployment! I wasn't sure I would qualify due to my temporary status at my old job for the last 11 months, but it turns out I do. That's a bit of a relief - I mean, it's not going to pay all the bills or anything at $300 a week, but it does pay rent, electricity and my car payment.

I can't help but think what America has come to these days. Are we really this close to a collapse of the economy? HOW did this happen? I going into more of a deficit really the answer? Obama must feel like he is Roosevelt - either the savior or the slayer of America.

In other notes, my puppy is humungus. Okay, the peeps at the Humane Society really know nothing about puppies. 35lbs my ass - she surpassed that at 5 months old. I can't believe she'll already be a year next month, screw that - I can't believe I've been with the BF almost 2!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bartend, cash on the side. Easiest thing you could do to make money... unless you start charging for anal.
Don't leave for so long again, we at least need to know you're still alive.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your back MG. :) It's nice to be reading you again. I agree with you about the economy...what the f happened? And it's still just going downhill. I was excited about Obama...but, really, I'm still waiting.