Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Where does the time go?

Thursday night I got all light headed at almost 11:00pm after working all day. I sat down by the BF, woke up a couple minutes later... I thought it was just being light headed, it turns out that I was wrong, he insisted I had a seizure.

Fast forward to now, I've had a billion tests done, a doctor in Jamaica so no one will give me answers, and a no-driving Doctor's orders until March 6. Dependent life isn't fun. Not to mention the crazy work hours. I'm taking a half day tomorrow and still clocking in close to 50 in 5 days.

I'm trying to figure out tonight - I'm at an event until 8:30, I'm already tired but I definitely need to clean before the BF strolls in around 2am. Not to mention shower.

Speaking of which - my freaking water bill was over $100! It's just me! I split it with the neighbors downstairs and feel like I got a little screwed in the deal. Honestly, it's not like the 5 minutes of hot water I get a day can equate to that much. I'm thinking of writing a "kind" letter to my landlord along the lines of "B*tch I'm giving you all this damn money - fix my sh*t" but more like ...

Dear Mr. Landlord,

In October I spoke with you regarding the trashed carpeting and unpainted walls which, at the time, you assured me were going to get replaced/painted. In November we spoke and you agreed to it being accomplished by December. This is my March payment, which includes the $101.53 for water and I'd like to re-issue a request for the above mentioned repairs within the next 30 days. I'd also like to discuss the heat; I think something is wrong with my thermostat as it's set at 60 and consistently says 60 but the heat is a lot warmer than that (as provided by my $205 gas bill, it is warmer than that). If these items cannot be fixed within the next 30 days, perhaps we could talk about another arrangement.

Sincerely,

The now broke MG.

Of course I'm pining for the "other arrangement" as it will most likely be me moving out, perhaps into a heat-included apartment. Oh - can I live with the dream of air conditioning too? How sweet it would be.

I'm catching no breaks lately on the whole apartment thing. What I really want is to settle into a place for the next 2 years and look at owning while I save up a little bit for a down payment.

Well, off to an event!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to stop wasting your money on vacations. There are plenty of good starter houses in the bay view area for under $100k. It's a buyers market right now.

Anonymous said...

Can someone please explain to me what the heck a "starter home" is supposed to be? It's a home! Not a bike! You don't suddenly get to take training wheels off when you're ready for more responsibility! Whether your first house is a "starter home" or not, it will be a HUGE financial investment right from the get go, not to manage the energy and time it takes to upkeep and maintain. That said, paying rent feels like the biggest waste of money ever.

daynad228 said...

Being a REALTOR I can tell you that with the buyers market and interest rates expected to drop again now is a great time to buy. A lot of programs will give you the money for a downpayment and sometimes you can even get money back when you close. Some lenders are getting stricter but if anyone needs a great referral for a REALTOR in your area or a lender I can usually come up with one. I have sold lots of condos to professionals and single women lately. The reason...safety concerns and there is no snow/lawn care so it makes it easier for upkeep (less time consuming.)