Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentine's Day.

I AM ONE OF THE CHEESY GIRLS.

I want the flowers, the swooning, the dinner, the dancing. I want the romance. It's one day a year - BE ROMANTIC!

I hadn't seen the BF in a couple of days when Thursday popped up in the calendar. I was still on the fence about what to do - because, while I agree that everyone here is right about him, I also don't post the good things that happen so it's a little bias. 2 really good friends actually told me to stop being detrimental - that what he did wasn't right but that we were good - so I was very unsure. I had decided, no matter what, that I was not going to dump him before his birthday and I was going to go through with his party.

As I was emailing out the details to his friends, the doorbell rang and he walked into work - with flowers and candy. I wanted to cry - I had no idea. It made work actually easier and nicer for the rest of the day. The romance pretty much ended there though. He had his son until 8, so they ate already. I was tired. We had some drinks, played some bags and headed home.

I should mention - I got 3 months of flowers and a $150 spa gift certificate as well :)

He got a photo album of the trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flowers and candy were definitely sweet and romantic gifts from the BF. So you're saying that he got you 3 months of flowers and the spa gift certicate in addition to these gifts?? Wow, that was very nice of him!! Sorry the romance ended there for the day. But overall it sounded like you had great day. I just think VD is overly commercialized with so much empasis on showing love on this one day. If only all lovers/partners/sweethearts focused half as much on showing love to each other the other 364 days of the year. Also glad to hear that you only got him the photo album.

So when is his birthday/party?? Do you still plan on having a talk with him after or have you changed your mind??

Just curious to know....

Anonymous said...

I'm curious too. It just seems like every time you get really frustrated and muster up the courage to address a crappy situation with the BF, it's followed up with an "as soon as" and then it's eventually wiped out completely. I think his gesture was sweet for Valentine's Day, but flowers and a spa gift certificate can't replace him treating you with appreciation and respect every other day of the year.